We need YOU to help us Build this new playground: APRIL 25-30, 2017
Wallowa County is getting a new playground – and we need your help.
For more than 2 years the Joseph City Playground Renovation Committee has been working diligently to raise funds and work with the community to design a new playground. April 25th marks the start of the next phase, the build!
More than 500 volunteer hours are needed to build the 6500 square foot playground. Volunteer shifts are available morning, afternoon and evening from April 25th – 30th. No skills are necessary to participate in the project you just have to be at least age 14!
Play By Design construction supervisors will be on–site at all times to provide instruction and morning and afternoon volunteers will be thanked with a hearty meal after their shift.
Help us make this dream a reality. Volunteer to help build the playground the week of April 25-30, 2017. Construction Volunteers can sign up for one 4 hour shift, an entire day, 2-3 days, or the entire build. Lunch, dinner and child care provided. We also need Food Service Volunteers for lunch and dinner. Childcare for 2 year olds and up will occur at the Joseph Community Center (Tuesday-Thursday) and the Place (Friday-Sunday)
- the Construction Team (sign up for one 4 hour shift, a full day, 2-3 days, or the entire 6 days),
- Construction - Morning Shift: 8AM-12PM
- LUNCH: provided for all volunteers
- Construction - Afternoon Shift: 12:30PM-4:30PM
- DINNER: provided for all volunteers
- Construction - Evening Shift: 5:00PM-8:30PM
- the Food Service Team (help with food service during lunch and dinner - food already donated by local churches and restaurants)
Already signed up? Download our Liability Release Waiver and bring with you to your first shift.